NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Post by bayswater »

daniel.sneed wrote:Just curious: what do you like much in UltraReverb delay ?
With repeating delays on guitar, there's a certain sound I want. I can get close with any delay after much fussing around and then adding some eq, compression and sometime a little chorus. With the Eventide, I had the "there's that sound" experience right away.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I bought it yesterday and eventually got it installed. My hiccup was trying to log in. I figured that since I had a few free plugs and got marketing email from them, I had an account--turns out I hadnt. OK...

Like most, I have a number of reverbs. The one I use the most is Ozone 5 Advanced. It's very good for getting a natural sound as if you had made the recording in whatever room you are emulating. That's also its limitation. I could often get 'great' sound without getting the 'right' sound I had in my head--normally, I've no problem with 'great'.

When I heard this demo, I realized that I missed some of the mechanical units I worked with in the past (and that's only a part of what this offers). Space isn't everything; sometimes you want a sound and this has it in spades.

The delays are icing on the cake. I used to use a VSO on a tape deck to get the timing on the beat and fiddle about with electronic and software to achieve what this does with presets.

Oh yea, I'm gonna have fun with this. And it cost less than dinner for two? Sweet!
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

I'm in, dangit! The long reverb settings on this are really great.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Michael Canavan wrote:I'm in, dangit! The long reverb settings on this are really great.
Feeling better that my first impressions are starting to be confirmed. :) I was worried perhaps that the night I first tried the demo, maybe my ears were playing tricks on me.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

Like it. Bought it.
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

James Steele wrote:I was worried perhaps that the night I first tried the demo, maybe my ears were playing tricks on me.
Some tricks are good ones. I am enjoying UltraVerb and pleased to have this tasty Eventide flavor of 'verb in my toolbox. Like Altiverb, UA's EMT Plate emulation, and various delays and pitch shifters, it is now resides on one of my DP template FX buses, ready to receive signal from any channel.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I've been pleasantly surprised that DP 8.07 hasn't crashed when loading AUs for the first time, even when I did a clean install last week. That is until I installed UltraVerb and DP crashed during examination. When I installed RX 4A later that evening, no crash on AU evaluation.

OK... better but not fixed completely.
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
guitardood

Post by guitardood »

James,
Based on your stellar review, I went ahead and demoed this verb and subsequently purchased it. In a word... Awesome!!

Thanks for the heads up on a great bargain for a killer verb.

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

bought,installed and authorized for my ilok2 which required updating the ilok software.
Eventides process is pretty weird as other people mentioned ,I got error messages, had to try several times etc.....
i see all my license info but when i look @ the ilok account page,in the location column the UltraReverb is not assigned to a location:(the ilolk2) same with 1 other plug which I also got in 2014(SoundToys MicroTap).
How do you get the licenses assigned to the dongle?
Thanks
:shock:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Right-click on the relevant license from the list and choose the Activate option from the open Pop up menu: then assign it to your dongle .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I was able to just drag and drop the Eventide licenses, just like any others on iLok.
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

If I am not mistaken, you can run this plug without iLok.
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

cbergm7210 wrote:If I am not mistaken, you can run this plug without iLok.
Correct but...

You must still have the iLok License Manager installed. You use it to authorize your Mac instead of your iLok dongle.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

You don't need an iLok. You can also drag and drop to the computer if the license allows computer authorization. But I always use the iLok if I can so there's no worry about disk failure, upgrading to new disks, or using other computers.
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

mikehalloran wrote:
cbergm7210 wrote:If I am not mistaken, you can run this plug without iLok.
Correct but...

You must still have the iLok License Manager installed. You use it to authorize your Mac instead of your iLok dongle.
Ah, right. I was just commenting on the Eventide site that advertised it as a dongle free plug in.

Not to derail the thread, but...if one only uses one computer, what's the point in not putting all licenses on the machine instead of the dongle? If you have daily backups of the boot drive, there'd be no reason for Zero Downtime to back up the physical iLok then, yes?

EDIT: I see now that out of 120 iLok licenses I have, only the Eventide ones are able to be transferred to the computer. The older ones cannot be moved.