NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Post by mikehalloran »

cbergm7210 wrote:... I see now that out of 120 iLok licenses I have, only the Eventide ones are able to be transferred to the computer. The older ones cannot be moved.
I bought something else recently with the option of moving the license to my Mac or keeping it on the dongle. Not at my Mac so I'm not recalling what it is... SampleTank 3, perhaps?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:
cbergm7210 wrote:... I see now that out of 120 iLok licenses I have, only the Eventide ones are able to be transferred to the computer. The older ones cannot be moved.
I bought something else recently with the option of moving the license to my Mac or keeping it on the dongle. Not at my Mac so I'm not recalling what it is... SampleTank 3, perhaps?
I don't think IKM stuff ever went on ilok.

Xenon maybe. You used to be able to out them on ilok but no more. The support info for xenon still says you can ilok it but that is an error.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Mike, I just noticed the avatar. Is that your costume for an upcoming opera? Or did you just go out and join a marching band? :wink:

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

cbergm7210 wrote:Not to derail the thread, but...if one only uses one computer, what's the point in not putting all licenses on the machine instead of the dongle?
Ummm... because you don't have to spend $40 (or whatever they cost now) for the iLok 2 if you don't have other iLok plugs. I agree with bayswater. Personally I have NEVER had an iLok failure and I love the convenience of not having to to through the whole reauthorizing hassle if I upgrade my boot disk, etc. My iLok plugs just PLAIN WORK if the iLok is on the USB bus.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

My only iLok failure was mechanical and I was able to transfer to a second ilok w/o incident. I'm still on iLok 1 that MOTU sent with M4 (may it rest in peace). The 2nd ilock came with MachFive. Westlake Music insisted i needed the Vienna dongle to run that VI but it authorized on to the original ilok just fine. As for the Eventide plug, it's been the best and easiest verb I've ever used. Love it! The Xenon plug is the same. Totally awesome.

You guys are a great source of quality products and information. Thank you to all, especially James for keeping the site viable and civil!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Still on an ILok 1 here.

Yes, I'm in a production of Utopia Ltd. by Gilbert & Sullivan. We opened last night.

"I'm Captain Corcorad K.C.B.
I'll teach you how we rule the sea
And terrify the simple Gaul.
And how the Saxon and the Celt
Their Europe shaking blows have dealt
With Maxim gun and Nordenfelt--
Or will when the occasion calls.

If sailor like you'd play your cards.
Unbend your sails and lower your yards
Unstep your masts, you never want them more.
Though we're no longer hearts of oak,
Yet we can steer and we can stoke
And thanks to coal and thanks to coke
We never run a ship ashore"

"What never?"

"No, never!"

"What never?"

"Hardly ever!"
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

James Steele wrote:
cbergm7210 wrote:Not to derail the thread, but...if one only uses one computer, what's the point in not putting all licenses on the machine instead of the dongle?
Ummm... because you don't have to spend $40 (or whatever they cost now) for the iLok 2 if you don't have other iLok plugs. I agree with bayswater. Personally I have NEVER had an iLok failure and I love the convenience of not having to to through the whole reauthorizing hassle if I upgrade my boot disk, etc. My iLok plugs just PLAIN WORK if the iLok is on the USB bus.
Hey JS. Apologies if I mis-communicated...I was saying that it would be nice to get rid of my dongles and put all iLok licenses onto the Mac. I only use one computer and have daily clones of drives so there's no fear of losing anything.

To contrast, I do not have Zero Downtime for the dongle, which I need to go ahead and get to be safe. Apparently, the Pace protection option of putting the licenses on the machine is fairly new and all my old licenses cannot be transferred to the Mac as of now.
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:My only iLok failure was mechanical and I was able to transfer to a second ilok w/o incident. I'm still on iLok 1 that MOTU sent with M4 (may it rest in peace). The 2nd ilock came with MachFive. Westlake Music insisted i needed the Vienna dongle to run that VI but it authorized on to the original ilok just fine. As for the Eventide plug, it's been the best and easiest verb I've ever used. Love it! The Xenon plug is the same. Totally awesome.

You guys are a great source of quality products and information. Thank you to all, especially James for keeping the site viable and civil!
Mike, I have to say you are in an extra good mood here. Could it have been because you had some...

today? :D
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

MIDI Life Crisis

Or slept in... LOL. I get a bad rap. I'm not really a nasty type, just a friggin' opinionated loud mouth who speaks his mind w/o much reservation. Or is that the same thing?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Or slept in... LOL. I get a bad rap. I'm not really a nasty type, just a friggin' opinionated loud mouth who speaks his mind w/o much reservation. Or is that the same thing?
LOL well all I know is I have it on good authority from the Shire that you're a great guy, a big ol' teddy bear, who speaks his mind w/o much reservation. And that's good to me. 8)

MIDI Life Crisis

Where'd that old hobbit go off to now?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
jloeb

Post by jloeb »

I was 99% sure it was Gilbert & Sullivan - the whole look and demeanor fairly screamed it - but I didn't want to say so because, to some people (anti-G&S Continentalist opera-snobby types), it's a bit like asking if someone's pregnant: If the answer is 'no' then you've just called them fat. :arrrr:
mikehalloran wrote:Yes, I'm in a production of Utopia Ltd. by Gilbert & Sullivan. We opened last night.

"I'm Captain Corcorad K.C.B.
I'll teach you how we rule the sea
And terrify the simple Gaul.
And how the Saxon and the Celt
Their Europe shaking blows have dealt
With Maxim gun and Nordenfelt--
Or will when the occasion calls.

If sailor like you'd play your cards.
Unbend your sails and lower your yards
Unstep your masts, you never want them more.
Though we're no longer hearts of oak,
Yet we can steer and we can stoke
And thanks to coal and thanks to coke
We never run a ship ashore"

"What never?"

"No, never!"

"What never?"

"Hardly ever!"
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:As for the Eventide plug, it's been the best and easiest verb I've ever used. Love it! The Xenon plug is the same. Totally awesome.

Yes, I too am greatly impressed by these two plug-ins (and the prices), and thank you to those who brought them to our attention.

DP10.13
ghobish

Post by ghobish »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:As for the Eventide plug, it's been the best and easiest verb I've ever used. Love it! The Xenon plug is the same. Totally awesome.

Just got the Eventide, haven't had much of a chance to use it yet. But that Xenon plug has been my go-to limiter for most projects for years now. I'm a big fan of PSP, both the products and the company.

Ditto.
Gary Hobish
A. Hammer Mastering & Digital Media
San Francisco, Ca
http://ahammer.com/mastering

Mastering: Mac Studio M1 MAX 2TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 32-core GPU, OS 12.6; DP 11.22, Waves, Izotope RX10 Advanced, Alloy, Nectar, PSP stuff, Plug-In Alliance, Metric Halo ULN-8 MkIV, Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Presonus Central Station, and (still) no air conditioning (but at least now there is airflow)

Annex: Mac Pro 2010 5,1 3.33GHz 12-core, 80GB RAM, 10.14.6, DP 11.22, Metric Halo ULN8 MkIV, MOTU 2408III
StringSlinger

Post by StringSlinger »

+1 for UltraReverb.

If you are thinking about it, do yourself a favor and just buy it now before the price goes up. It sounds really good and is not too intense on the processor. To me it offers something unique in the AlgoVerb category.