Better way to use DP Live Performance???

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Better way to use DP Live Performance???

Post by James Steele »

wonder wrote:I used DP for live performance for a long time.

I switched to Ableton Live. It's much more efficient for my needs and the flexibility and ease with programming MIDI triggers for Song Start, Switch Songs, etc etc made it an easy choice.
Yeah... I'm not sure this is different than DP. I can jump to any song I want to, start playback, etc. using MIDI.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Better way to use DP Live Performance???

Post by Shooshie »

David Polich wrote:
Shooshie wrote:I think MOTU should make the Chunks List respond to key-commands like the Tracks Overview.

Shooshie
Actually, this is already implemented, in a way. You can assign a Mac key to call up a chunk.
That has been around since DP 4.61, maybe even earlier than that.
That's been there at least since about 1990. That's when I remember first using it, and it's a very good feature. You can also call them up with MIDI commands.

What I mean by responding to key commands is MOVING the chunks around in the list. CONTROL-PageUp CONTROL-OPTION-PageUp [and PageDown in either case], CONTROL-HOME and CONTROL-END move tracks around in the Tracks Overview Window, including stepwise, to the top, to the bottom, gathered and moved to the top (for multiple tracks), and so forth. You can even select a track nowadays from the keyboard. That's what I'd like to see MOTU give the Chunks Window; the ability to reorganize your chunks from the keyboard. And not necessarily just that, but at least that.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|