Forget DP Control, get yourself a MYO

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Forget DP Control, get yourself a MYO

Post by BKK-OZ »

This looks too good to be true: https://www.thalmic.com/en/myo/

From a review on Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/products/thalmic-labs/myo/

By sensing the motion and electrical activity of your muscles the MYO armband from Thalmic Labs lets you use your hand, arm and fingers to control your computer or video games. Basically it lets you become a Jedi. The MYO is expected to ship later this spring for a retail price of $149.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Forget DP Control, get yourself a MYO

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Interesting. Not sure it's right (or left) for me, but I can see how it can be very useful in all sorts of situations. Thanks for posting that.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I wonder if it really works as advertised, or if it is glitchy.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

BKK-OZ wrote:I wonder if it really works as advertised, or if it is glitchy.
Looks like we just won't know for a while. It's funny though... I saw some basic functions available... like opening an app, etc. Gee... why would I want to flick my wrist and click my mouse button to open an app, when I can put my hand out in the air and clench my fist instead? :roll:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I understand that they have started shipping, so we should start to see reviews soon.

Haptics are the way of the future, that is for sure - not a matter of 'if', but rather of 'when'.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

sweet!
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku