8.07 is out!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
vsoprod
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

8.07 is out!

Post by vsoprod »

is released. Looks pretty cool, names some fixes for problems I've had.
MacPro 12core 2.66GHZ, 32GB ram, UA Apollo Quad, DP9.12, OS 10.11.xx Waves, Nomad Factory, Drumagog, Autotune plugins.
Video card nVIDIA GTX 980 2GB memory
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 8.07 is out!

Post by FMiguelez »

Nice surprise! :D

Let's see what the MOTU folks came up with...
http://www.motu.com/newsitems/dp-8-07-is-now-shipping
MOTU wrote:Here are just a few highlights:

Compatible with OS X Yosemite
Support for 16 and 32 sample buffers (for audio hardware that supports these buffer sizes)
Many enhancements related to video playback and the use of external video hardware
Improvements to importing and exporting using OMF, AAF and Final Cut Pro 7 XML
Windows operation enhancements to clippings, printing, and ReWire
Fixed an issue where very long audio files would constantly regenerate their overviews
Last edited by FMiguelez on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Here is the complete new feature list:

http://cdn-data.motu.com/site/docs/dp/v ... readme.pdf

MOTU wrote:Enhancements introduced in version 8.07
Version 8.07 provides many improvements, optimizations, and refinements. Here are just a few highlights:
• Fixed an issue where very long audio files would constantly regenerate their overviews.
• Fixed an issue where “Use Single Movie Per Document” wasn’t properly updating the movie window.
• Fixed end time calculation in the Change Tempo dialog.
• Improved support for external video hardware.
• PunchGuard now works as expected with auto record punch-in points.
• Fixed a crash in projects with very complicated bussing.
• Fixed an issue where two sequences with instruments with the same name and default-named bundles wouldn’t route audio properly.
• [Win] Fixed ReWire-related crashes.
• [Mac] Added several fixes and enhancements for operation under Yosemite.
• Made several fixes and enhancements regarding video export.
• Fixed a crash when exporting as OMF/AAF with rendered fades.
• The "Ignore Mistakes" option in QuickScribe now defaults to being turned off.
• Changed the default option for Punch Guard to only record pre-roll when punching in.
• [Mac] The Configure Hardware Driver dialog now allows 16 and 32 sample buffers if the audio hardware supports them.
• Removed the option to embed audio in exported AAF files, due to compatibility issues with 64-bit support.
• Improved Final Cut Pro 7 XML import.
• Applying an effect to a soundbite removes any bite gain afterward because it has already been applied with the effect.
• Pasting in the MIDI editor from a single track now pastes to the current master track, as expected.
• [Mac] Cut, copy and paste once again work in file dialogs.
• [Win] Fixed clippings.
• [Win] Fixed printing.
• [Win] File dialogs recall their last used location.
• [Mac] Video playback now works when running with multiple, mirrored displays.
• [Mac] Fixed bouncing to QuickTime with a sample rate greater than 48khz. Apple’s AAC encoder only supports up to 48khz and DP will downsample if necessary.
• [Mac] Optimized video loading and playback under 10.9+.
• The movie window now remembers whether it was fullscreen when opening a project.
• Unlocking the movie during playback no longer stops the movie.
• Streamers are now displayed vertically (at 90 degrees), rather than at a slight angle.
• Click-generated punches can now be turned off by choosing "None" from the size menu.
• Duplicating a track also duplicates its automation state, e.g. whether it’s enabled or in touch mode.
• The Search window properly searches windows docked in the Consolidated Window.
• Non-compliant MIDI messages are now ignored for improved compatibility with MIDI devices that produce them. • Improved OMF/AAF import and export.
• Fixed a bug where inserting a bar while preserving time resulted in the start time being off by a single SMPTE bit.
• DP now displays the output configuration for multiout VSTs in the name, such as “Kontakt 5 [16 out]”.
• Fixed an issue where adding an instrument track with multiple output configurations such as Kontakt 5 would create an unassigned track.
• [Win] Fixed an issue where a frontmost plugin window would steal keystrokes when using the keypad decimal key to edit the main counter.
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
labman

Post by labman »

I hope it fixes the trackpad issues !
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Downloading now! :woohoo:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
sonus

Post by sonus »

Excellent !
Some of these issues had me complaining every now and then...
I hope the problem I had inserting a movie in DP 8.06 has been fixed as a consequence of other bug fixes :mrgreen:

Thanks to all of MOTU staff for the update and for their effort generally.
MacPro 5.1 2x3.46 twelve core, 64Gig, OSX 10.15, Mac Studio Max 32Gig, DP11.13, RME HDSPe FX, Softube Console 1 & Fader, UAD-2 quad, Soundtoys v5, UVI Falcon 3.0, GForce Mellotron & String Machine , Waves Rennaissance...
Babz

Post by Babz »

"Cut, copy and paste once again work in file dialogs." YES!!!
:woohoo:
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

labman wrote:I hope it fixes the trackpad issues !
what are the trackpad issues, labman?
iMac 20,1 10-core, 3.6Ghz, OS10.15.7, 128GB RAM, DP 10.13, VEP7
ghobish

Post by ghobish »

Some needed fixes, but still will not import from Final Cut X XML.
Gary Hobish
A. Hammer Mastering & Digital Media
San Francisco, Ca
http://ahammer.com/mastering

Mastering: Mac Studio M1 MAX 2TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 32-core GPU, OS 12.6; DP 11.22, Waves, Izotope RX10 Advanced, Alloy, Nectar, PSP stuff, Plug-In Alliance, Metric Halo ULN-8 MkIV, Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Presonus Central Station, and (still) no air conditioning (but at least now there is airflow)

Annex: Mac Pro 2010 5,1 3.33GHz 12-core, 80GB RAM, 10.14.6, DP 11.22, Metric Halo ULN8 MkIV, MOTU 2408III
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

MOTU wrote:• Pasting in the MIDI editor from a single track now pastes to the current master track, as expected.
Is this really fixed? Has anyone checked it?

labman

Post by labman »

Rusty,

8.05, and 8.06 cause erratic trackpad behavior (which MOTU knows about). Fader will not go up/down smoothly, and moving horizontal will sometimes move vertical. (8.04 is flawless)
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
EMRR

Post by EMRR »

I just moved to 8.06 and a new iMac this last month, and have noticed trackpad hasn't seemed terribly well integrated. The mouse has been much friendlier. I haven't used a trackpad previously, was still G5/DP7 so I didn't really know what to expect.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

FMiguelez wrote:
MOTU wrote:• Pasting in the MIDI editor from a single track now pastes to the current master track, as expected.
You have no idea what pleasure it gives me to say "yes, I have checked it, and it WORKS!!!"

We can once again copy any notes from any single track in the MIDI Edit Window and paste it to the track we've enabled as the master track.

If you want to copy many tracks and combine them into one, you'll still have to do it through the Tracks Overview by selecting them in the MIDI Edit Window, then going to the Tracks Overview and dragging the selections to the destination track. This can be easily facilitated by moving the tracks together with a keyboard command, then dragging them one by one into the target track. If you attempt to paste from multiple tracks into a single track in the MIDI Graphic Edit Window, you will need to have showing below the target track the same number of tracks from which you copied the notes. This is as it should be, I think, and I'm again happy to say that yes, it works.

Very happy with this release so far.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Trackpad issues still remain, but I seem to be getting better horizontal scrolling in the edit windows. Actually, I think I've just learned to cope with it. I think the problem is still there, unchanged.

When using scrolling in the Magic Trackpad with Digital Performer, I do a series of quick, light strokes. That sets it in motion, and the momentum carries it for a way. If I try to stroke the trackpad in a slow, continuous fashion, it will attempt to go the wrong way, then hop and skip along, if it moves at all. I sure wish they'd fix that. It used to work beautifully. In fact, it was precisely THAT very feature that caused me to throw out my trackballs and stay with the Magic Trackpad until I was comfortable with it, because it was so wonderful to scroll in Digital Performer. Finding that compromised has been a real disappointment.

But I'm not going to get down on this version because of that. We can assume that the problem is deep and may be beyond what MOTU can fix. In other words, it may be an Apple problem.

So far, the rest of DP 8.07 has been a joy to use!
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Shooshie wrote:
FMiguelez wrote:
You have no idea what pleasure it gives me to say "yes, I have checked it, and it WORKS!!!"

We can once again copy any notes from any single track in the MIDI Edit Window and paste it to the track we've enabled as the master track.

If you want to copy many tracks and combine them into one, you'll still have to do it through the Tracks Overview by selecting them in the MIDI Edit Window, then going to the Tracks Overview and dragging the selections to the destination track. This can be easily facilitated by moving the tracks together with a keyboard command, then dragging them one by one into the target track. If you attempt to paste from multiple tracks into a single track in the MIDI Graphic Edit Window, you will need to have showing below the target track the same number of tracks from which you copied the notes. This is as it should be, I think, and I'm again happy to say that yes, it works.

Very happy with this release so far.
AWESOME!!!!

No more option-clicking on the desired track and losing the tracks that were shown in the GE. That WAS so annyoing :D

I can't wait to try it later today.

:unicorn: :unicorn: :unicorn: