The Real Scoop on the Komplete 9-10 Ultimate Upgrade

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

The Real Scoop on the Komplete 9-10 Ultimate Upgrade

Post by Babz »

I own Komplete 9 Ultimate, so I am mainly interested in what you get with the Komplete 10 Ultimate upgrade. The full details are not entirely clear from what's on the NI website, so here is my attempt to carefully research everything as best I can. I *think* I got it right, but please chime in if you find any errors.

Near as I can tell, Komplete 9 was introduced in March of 2013. There have been a number of individual new products introduced since then (not part of K9U) as well as the new products just introduced as part of K10. Combining all this, here is my best attempt at a detailed list….

Komplete 10 Ultimate - What's New?

New stuff introduced with Komplete 10:

3 new synths:
- Kontour
- Rounds (no audio demos available yet)
- Polyplex

3 new pianos from Galaxy
- Grandeur
- Maverick
- Gentleman (upright)

New for users upgrading from K9 to K10 - both Ultimate and Non-Ultimate users:

DrumLab (Introduced Aug 2013, $99)
Session Horns [Part of K9U]
SuperCharger (tube compressor, introduced Feb 2014, $99)
Driver ("thick, deep, distortion filter"), introduced ?, $49)
[See note below.]

Additional content new for users upgrading from K9U to K10U -- these only come with Ultimate:

Session Horns PRO (Introduced May 2014, $199 update)
Action Strikes (Introduced Nov 2013, $299)
Rise & Hit (Introduced Apr 2014, $149)
Kinetic Metal (Introduced Sep 2013, $99)
Discovery Series Cuba (Introduced June 2013, $99)
Moleckular (introduced Mar 2014, multi fx system, $149)

SO ….

It looks like for the $399 K9U-K10U upgrade you get about $1000* worth of additional content, plus DrumLab and the new K10 synths and pianos.

Put another way: For $200 more than the K10 upgrade, you get about $1000* worth of additional content.

I'd call that not too shabby!

Babz

[*if purchased separately.]

[Note: DrumLab is new for both K10 and K10U. Session Horns is new for K10; Session Horns was part of K9, but the PRO update is part of K10 *Ultimate* only. SuperCharger and Driver were free add ons for K9U users as part of the "High-Octane Holidays" Promotion, I think (?) All I know is I have them as part of K9U. Non-Ultimate users may have also been part of that offer.]
Last edited by Babz on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The Real Scoop on the Komplete 9-10 Ultimate Upgrade

Post by BKK-OZ »

I'm not sure you are right* that some products (e.g. Session Horns Pro) only come with the hard-drive version (Ultimate). Link?

*of course, there is every likelihood that you are!
:)
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The Real Scoop on the Komplete 9-10 Ultimate Upgrade

Post by BKK-OZ »

Yer right on what is included, I got K10 and K10 ultimate mixed up.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku