Zoom in all the way not working

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Zoom in all the way not working

Post by bayswater »

Phil O wrote:
Shooshie wrote:I also tried the OPTION-COMMAND-RIGHT-ARROWKEY, and it did zoom all the way in. But apparently the OPTION-COMMAND-LEFT ARROW does not zoom all the way out. THAT much appears to be either a bug or a misunderstanding of how it works.
OPTION-COMMAND-LEFT ARROW zooms to fit (horizontally) the entire sequence in the width of the window. To zoom all the way out hold the OPTION key while clicking on the horizontal minus sign. That's what I'm seeing here anyway.

Phil
Same here. Option-Command-Left Arrow shows you everything. Isn't that "zooming all the way out"? If not, what does "zoom all the way out" mean anyway? No matter how far you zoom out, there is something to the right. Option minus sign zooms out more than seems reasonably necessary.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Zoom in all the way not working

Post by Shooshie »

Thanks, guys! That makes perfect sense. Showing the entire sequence is obviously what it's intended to do. What's more is that I've wondered what possible utility could be had in zooming literally "all the way out" as far as the window will zoom. That isn't useful for anything except flattening your entire sequence into about a half-inch bar. This does zoom all the way out to the end of the sequence, and that's exactly what it SHOULD do.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|