Fable Sounds Broadway Big Band 50% Off

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rnappi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Fable Sounds Broadway Big Band 50% Off

Post by rnappi »

Fable Sounds is having a Memorial Day sale and I'm thinking of picking up Broadway Lites.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom on this library?

Thanks,
rich
2012 Mac Pro 3.46 Ghz Westmere 12 Core_96G Ram_OSX 10.12.6_DP 9.5
kgdrum

Re: Fable Sounds Broadway Big Band 50% Off

Post by kgdrum »

I actually bought it a few years back for less than the current sale price,if I remember correctly $199 and I hate it.
For me it is a horrible library,it sounds canned and is way too limited.
Fable promised a free update that would improve both Lite and BBB that was supposed to be released about 2 years ago and it's never materialized and never mentioned anymore by Fable.
I can't recommend this library in any way,sorry.
Last edited by kgdrum on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

What he said; there's WAY better stuff these days. In spite of how CPU-intensive it is and how counter-intuitive the key-switching is for many of us (especially those with wind backgrounds), the Chris Hein stuff is WAY better -- though the variations of packaging can get confusing (to be fair, it's because he wants to make it available at every price point). If you have Kontakt, you can try a sampling of his EARLIER versions in the "Band" folder of the Factory Library, to get a taste. FAR more musical than the harsh Fable Big Band set, and more reactive to playing.

Although I use Sample Modeling, the SWAM engine is the main engine these days vs. Kontakt and it is pretty much strictly set up for breath/wind controllers and expression pedals and the like. I find this problematic when re-tracking older projects where I used aftertouch and note velocity for dynamics. I haven't yet decided how to handle this issue, but may at some point pick up SOME variation of Chris Hein's horns (not as fond of his guitars or basses, but it's a combination of what to me is not player-friendly qualities as I despise key switches, and my taste in timbre for said instruments which of course is a personal thing).
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
rnappi

Post by rnappi »

Thanks for your input fellas, I surely don't need to waste $250. I have the Sample Modeling Saxophones & Brass, but was wondering if BBB might be good for section layering.

rich
2012 Mac Pro 3.46 Ghz Westmere 12 Core_96G Ram_OSX 10.12.6_DP 9.5