Diamond Drive is cool

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Diamond Drive is cool

Post by philbrown »

Thanks for the reminder about the Analog Chorus, David. I only used it once and it sounded great, but I guess I've forgotten about it since then. I usually go for UA's Dimension D for chorus, but nice to have different flavors for sure.
Good to have this DP pedal discussion as a reminder.
I used the wah-wah emulation on a static setting and it worked well but can't remember the specific track/instrument ATM....

Any other favorite DP pedal uses anyone?
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

David Polich wrote:I've long thought MOTU's pedals for DP were the best effects they've done. I use the Analog Chorus all the time, it's the best Boss Chorus emulation I've ever heard. The Diamond Drive
and the "Rat" and "Screamer" pedals also shine. Big thanks is in order to Magic Dave who I know had a big hand in developing the pedal effects.
Analog Flanger is essentially the EH Electric Mistress which was always a fav of mine also, and MOTU's plug really does a great job of capturing it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I just have to mention that after sort of being stranded on the PCIe island with my UAD-2, UA could charge sub-$100 a piece for everything and I'd still look for a native solution. Just me. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote:I just have to mention that after sort of being stranded on the PCIe island with my UAD-2, UA could charge sub-$100 a piece for everything and I'd still look for a native solution. Just me. :(
Same here. UA was pretty untouchable, but now there are a lot of alternatives that are maybe not quite as good, but good enough. Straight plugin CPU horsepower is not much of an issue for me as it was when I first got a UAD card. And, it seems just about all of the new UAD stuff gets more and more esoteric and obscure. Not a lot of innovation.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8