Mirror a right channel soundbite to the left channel.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dixiechicken
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Mirror a right channel soundbite to the left channel.

Post by dixiechicken »

DC here!

There must surely be an easy quick way to achieve this - lols.

I have a stereo soundbite in a project recorded but due to some setup in the
MOTU Microbook II - sound is only recorded into the right channel.

I create a duplicate stereo soundbite by copy and paste into another stereo track.
This duplicate I would like just move the sound of my eminently played rythm guitar part from the right channel into the left channel.

Is this possible?

Chers: Dixiechicken!
------
My God it's full of stars....
------
Mac Pro 6-Core Intel Nehalem/Xeon 2.93 GHz 32-GB ram, OS-X 10.13.5-Swe, DP-9.52, Unisyn-2.11, 828-MkII,MTP-AV usb, Latest drvs, Wavearts plugs, Kurzweil-2000, Proteus-2000, EPS-16, Pod-II,
Digitech RP-155, Soundcraft UI-16, Emes Kobalt monitors.
------
stubbsonic

Re: Mirror a right channel soundbite to the left channel.

Post by stubbsonic »

Use the trim tool. It lets you pan and adjust levels for each channel independently.

To do it as a destructive edit, open the soundbite in the waveform editor, select-all, then render it from that plug-in list in the audio menu.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
dixiechicken

Re: Mirror a right channel soundbite to the left channel.

Post by dixiechicken »

DC here!

Thanks worked like a charm :D

Chers: Dixiechicken!
------
My God it's full of stars....
------
Mac Pro 6-Core Intel Nehalem/Xeon 2.93 GHz 32-GB ram, OS-X 10.13.5-Swe, DP-9.52, Unisyn-2.11, 828-MkII,MTP-AV usb, Latest drvs, Wavearts plugs, Kurzweil-2000, Proteus-2000, EPS-16, Pod-II,
Digitech RP-155, Soundcraft UI-16, Emes Kobalt monitors.
------