Keeping tracks in the same position

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
berlinpigeon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Keeping tracks in the same position

Post by berlinpigeon »

Hello everyone! Here's what I am wondering. Is there a way to have a track stay in the same position, no matter how you bounce and edit. For example. Can I have the film audio track stay always on top of the session? When I bounce MIDI and add to the project, the track always appears on top and therefore destroys all my order. Any ideas? Thanks!
rukidding

Re: Keeping tracks in the same position

Post by rukidding »

I think you gotta just drag things around. Color coding and using track folders helps me a lot.
G
2019 Mac Pro -10.15.7 - DP 11.21 -VEP7
Shooshie

Re: Keeping tracks in the same position

Post by Shooshie »

Keyboard commands will help getting tracks out of the way quickly.

Go to the Tips Sheet and search for Move, or Move Tracks, possibly.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|