How do I uninstall a waves demo?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Dan Worley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How do I uninstall a waves demo?

Post by Dan Worley »

Will someone please tell me how to uninstall a waves demo without uninstalling all my other waves plug-ins? I'm running V9.

I'm not lazy, I have looked online but none of the results I found were the right answer for me, and I cannot find the answer on the Waves site. :?

Thanks!
DP10.13
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: How do I uninstall a waves demo?

Post by NazRat »

The individual plugs are in the Waves folder in the Applications folder. Remove the ones you don't want from there. Don't have it in front of me - I think it's /Applications/Waves/Plugins.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

Thanks, Naz.

For some reason that's not doing it. DP and FCP are still trying to load the demo. I also rebuilt the "Audio Unit Info Cache 64-bit" after I deleted the demo, but that didn't help.

So, still wondering how to do this.
DP10.13
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

Waves Support told me to do this:
go to Applications>Waves>Utilities, run the Waves Uninstaller and uninstall only Scheps 73.
But it is not working, either. All my apps are still trying to load the demo for Scheps 73, even after a restart.

Head scratcher. I'm having one of those days.
DP10.13
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Oooo... a demo with a secret agenda!
      • :shock:
Just leave the light on when you go to bed tonight.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

After the uninstaller didn't clear things up, Tom at Waves Support added these instructions:
Please make sure DP is closed and do the following:
1. Delete "Waves Preferences" (entire folder) located at: System HD > Users > Current user > Library > Preferences. (alt route – hold "alt/option" key while accessing the finder's "Go" menu – the library that appears is the user library).
2. Go to: Applications > Waves > Waveshells , run the AU Reg Utilities 9.3 and click on Let's Go.
3. Open DP and rescan plug-ins.
That did the trick. I appreciated Waves (Tom's) quick responses to my questions.
DP10.13
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Ah yes! The old stake-in-the-heart routine, using the ghost library, summoned with the unwritten code of esoteric knowledge! Yeah, that oughta take care of it.

:lol:

Shoosh [sorry for the Dark Shadows aura. It just seemed to fit.]
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
TnMike

Post by TnMike »

A couple months ago I found out I will have to pay $200 to upgrade my Waves plugins. I like version 9 of the Waves plugins. My computer, OS, and DAW all like version 9 as well. I don't want to upgrade. Is this something I am forced to do to continue using the Waves plugins I already bought? Isn't this how music piracy got started with the copy protected CD's that you couldn't play in your computer?
Mac Pro Intel 2010, 16 gigs RAM, Apollo Quad, 2408 mkIII, Raven Mti2, UAD-2, MTPAV, Superior Drummer 3.0 drums, Ivory piano, B4 organ, PodProxt, Kemper, Ozone 9, Apogee Mini-Me, Roland R-8
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

FWIW, I was having a ton of audio issues after installing a Waves package. I had to reformat my boot drive and install everything from scratch to fix it. I will NEVER install another thing from Waves again. Period!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Waves 10 seems good here, but with one exception... my v9 of their Aphex Dual Exciter seems to have disappeared, despite my excepting it from the v10 update list.

I have an email in to Waves to get this sorted.
waterstrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by waterstrum »

TnMike wrote:A couple months ago I found out I will have to pay $200 to upgrade my Waves plugins. I like version 9 of the Waves plugins. My computer, OS, and DAW all like version 9 as well. I don't want to upgrade. Is this something I am forced to do to continue using the Waves plugins I already bought? Isn't this how music piracy got started with the copy protected CD's that you couldn't play in your computer?
Your Waves plugins will continue to work on your system. You don't have to upgrade.
You can keep your system as it is for years and your Waves plugs will be fine.
That said, with OS and DAW "improvements", there may come a time when your Waves plugs will not be compatible.
I would wait for that moment to consider if you want to buy a Waves upgrade.
All is well