Plugin Chooser: Remove As Menu Category -- How?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
leigh
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Plugin Chooser: Remove As Menu Category -- How?

Post by leigh »

In the plugin chooser, I can add a category to the plugin pop-up menu. The manual only describes adding and Eli Kranzberg's video on the chooser doesn't mention removing categories from the menu either.

How do I remove an added category from the pop-up menu?

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Plugin Chooser: Remove As Menu Category -- How?

Post by NazRat »

You can only remove categories that are below the divider bar. When you highlight one you just press the '-' icon at the top. If you just want to delete an effect in the group, highlight it and hit the delete key.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
leigh

Post by leigh »

NazRat wrote:You can only remove categories that are below the divider bar. When you highlight one you just press the '-' icon at the top. If you just want to delete an effect in the group, highlight it and hit the delete key.
I understand that. What I want to do is remove a category below the divider bar from the pop-up chooser menu.

In my case, the Guitar category is included in the pop-up chooser menu as indicated by the menu icon instead of a blue dot. I want to remove it from the pop-up chooser menu by converting it back to a regular user category.

**Leigh

VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Could be a GUI issue. I'm having little window issues here and there. Can you say DP 8.1?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I pondered this one for a while. Select the offending category, then right or control click on it, and you'll get a menu that includes the option to delete.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NazRat »

Right click on another category (above or below the divider line) and select 'Save as Menu Category'. 'Manufacturer' was the DP default. One of them has to be designated as the menu category.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
leigh

Post by leigh »

NazRat wrote:Right click on another category (above or below the divider line) and select 'Save as Menu Category'. 'Manufacturer' was the DP default. One of them has to be designated as the menu category.
Thank you! That did the trick!

**Leigh