Multiple Audio Interfaces

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
swpowe
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Multiple Audio Interfaces

Post by swpowe »

Does anyone know if you can use multiple audio interfaces at the same time? I've got the original Apogee Duet (firewire) and I'm thinking of picking up one of the new Motu interfaces but I'm wondering if I can actually use them both at the same time. Say 4 channels on the Motu and 2 on the Duet. Is this possible?
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Multiple Audio Interfaces

Post by mikehalloran »

No reason it shouldn't work. There are a number of ways to hook them up and configure depending on your needs.

You'll probably hook up the new interface through TB or USB and the Apogee through FW depending on your Mac. This will not be a problem.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Pretty sure it should work. If you're using DP, you'd set your host buffer multiplier to 2 and you may have to go into the Hardware setup and control-click both interfaces to make them available (if I recall correctly).
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Yes, I confirm: it avoids the creation of an aggregate device with the Audio and MIDI Utilities .

Digital Performer is handy for this _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _