Moving Tracks OUT of a V-Rack

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
leigh
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Moving Tracks OUT of a V-Rack

Post by leigh »

Is there a way to move some Aux tracks out of a V-Rack and back into the sequence without using Undo History? The manual says they can only be deleted but I'm hoping there's some way to do it.

Thanks.

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
FMiguelez

Re: Moving Tracks OUT of a V-Rack

Post by FMiguelez »

You can drag and drop the V-Rack in the left part of the TO. Then keep only what you need.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
leigh

Post by leigh »

FMiguelez wrote:You can drag and drop the V-Rack in the left part of the TO. Then keep only what you need.
How do I see the V-Rack in the TO? This is all I see:

VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

V-Racks are in the Chunks window. drag the V-Rack to the TO window you posted and it will make copies of all the parts in that V-Rack. Delete the stuff you don't want and you end up with those aux tracks in your TO.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Thanks for clarifying, Mike.

Leigh, you will love that workflow. It's so useful because it allows you to quickly move tracks freely from the TO to the Chunks window and vice versa. Even VIs.
Basically, I like to think of the Chunks window as a "control panel" for the entire session. The heart of it, actually.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

This is one of the easiest and most powerful functions in DP, and it's so often overlooked because people just don't think of it. I actually discovered it by simply trying what looked like a logical thing: drag the V-Rack Chunk into the Tracks Overview Window. I was curious to see if it would create the tracks, and all that. It does, and this makes it a valuable means of setting up audio in MIDI-Only sequences in a simple drag-and-drop one-step move. Well, if the V-Rack doesn't exist in the sequence yet, you may have to load it in with the Load menu (File/Load), or fetch it from a clippings file. Once you've got the chunk loaded into the project and you can see it in the chunks window, then it's a one-step drag-and-drop to add its audio setup to the sequence.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
leigh

Post by leigh »

Dragging the V-Rack to the TO even creates a Tracks Folder!! Sweet!

Thanks to everyone for the help. Love this group.

**Leigh