Insert Event Type, Command Assignable?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
HarmonicMotion

Insert Event Type, Command Assignable?

Post by HarmonicMotion »

Hi Everyone,

I hardly ever draw MIDI CC data as I almost always play everything live, but occasionally it's just faster to go in and re-draw something. The other day I was in the MIDI editor and was wondering if there was an existing key command to switch between "input event types" For instance, if I wanted to switch between CC1 and CC11 a lot. I searched a lot but didn't find anything very related to this question.

I also went into the command menu to try to find "Insert Event Type" or really anything with "Event Type" and had no such luck.

Anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Thanks!
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Insert Event Type, Command Assignable?

Post by FMiguelez »

We just had a discussion about this a few days ago. Check this out:
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=57981
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
HarmonicMotion

Post by HarmonicMotion »

Thanks for this, I downloaded quick keys and tried to set up a command for this but keep getting an error when I try to run it inside QuicKeys. It reads:

Step number 2 named "Select 7 Volume in menu Controller" failed with the description:

The Menu Selection step did not work.
• Make sure the application whose menu you are selecting is the frontmost application.
• Try enabling the "Show menus while performing menu action" option.
• If the Menu Selection step worked and this message is displayed, you may need to change the step result for this step
• You may want to create a Menu Clicks shortcut instead of a Menu Selection shortcut.

I've enabled "Show menus while performing menu action" and I can see it does the click and stops. I've also tried just doing the key command in DP with QuicKeys running in the background and absolutely nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong? The tutorial video on that thread is great, but I don't really understand how this is set up in QuicKeys.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by FMiguelez »

It requires some trial and error, but once you get the feel for it, you can program them quickly.

Once you get a shortcut working, you can copy/paste them and only change the relevant parts (they'd be mostly the same).

If you PM your email, I could send you a fully programmed QK shortcut (probably tomorrow), so you can import it in QKs, study it, and replicate it for other shortcuts or tweak it to your liking.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman