Adjust Beats Question....

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
oceantracks
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Adjust Beats Question....

Post by oceantracks »

I've matched my sequence conductor track to an existing song (wav file) and added some MIDI drum parts, no audio yet. I've noticed I need to be a bit closer in several sections tempo wise, and want to go back to Adjust Beats and fix.

I'm new to DP, so I know in Logic there is a "Protect MIDI" command when doing this so all your MIDI tracks timing don't get screwed up when you do this....what do I do in DP to make sure they MIDI tracks are safe before making any changes in the conductor track via Adjust Beats?

Thanks!
Tom
bayswater

Re: Adjust Beats Question....

Post by bayswater »

You may be looking for the Lock setting which can be accessed in the Tracks Overview window. You can read this on p 114 of the manual. "

Lock

When a track is unlocked (the default setting), all data in the track stays anchored to its measure location. If you change the tempo of the sequence, the SMPTE frame location of the data will change.

When a track is locked, all data in the track stays anchored to its current SMPTE frame location, even if you change the tempo of the sequence."
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
oceantracks

Post by oceantracks »

My hero.

Thanks much!

Tom
bayswater

Post by bayswater »