Dummy Newbie Question....

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Prime Mover
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Dummy Newbie Question....

Post by Prime Mover »

As someone who's used CSuite for 9 years non-stop with a two-monitor setup, alongside DP for 11 years, I'll pick CSs docking system any day. Photoshop/Illustrator... maybe not so much, but Premiere/AE is amazing. I just can't see any advantage the CW has over it. In my eyes, Premiere's docking system is like a CW system that's infinitely more flexible with no shortcomings. ANYTHING I can do in the CW I can do in CSs docking system. MIDI, I just think you're incorrect about this, or maybe you're thinking of Photoshop, which doesn't have the docking system that I'm referring to. Unless for some reason you don't want to have that flexibility, which I can't understand.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Dummy Newbie Question....

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Prime Mover wrote:MIDI, I just think you're incorrect about this, or maybe you're thinking of Photoshop, which doesn't have the docking system that I'm referring to. Unless for some reason you don't want to have that flexibility, which I can't understand.
One cannot be "incorrect" about one's preferences. They are individual. So actually, you are incorrect about my being "incorrect." If a docking system was implemented I'd surely check it out, but if it was anything like the system used for Adobe products (at least up to CS 5) then no thank you. I'd rather have key commands than having to mouse over to a dock. Again, that's just my preference.

Seriously, there isn't and need not be a right and wrong or winner and looser about this. It's really not worth getting yourself worked up over. Save that for something more worthy... like notation aspects! LOL.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS