Can´t use 2 MIDI controllers when in "Multi Record" mode.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Can´t use 2 MIDI controllers when in "Multi Record" mode

Post by NazRat »

Merge (or advanced routing) is a solution, but the OP is using devices that connect via USB with no 5 pin MIDI capability. If he could use a MIDI interface with the controllers, the Multi Record feature might work with the 'Any' option on track input selection. I have not ever tried that. There are software solutions that allow MIDI to be manipulated in real time which would accomplish the OP's needs.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
Armageddon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can´t use 2 MIDI controllers when in "Multi Record" mode

Post by Armageddon »

Thomas82 wrote:Armageddon, You completely misunderstood my problem.
Not at all; my previous post laid out the two possible multi-MIDI scenarios you're trying to accomplish. The only thing I forgot to mention or add is that you have to set everything up in AudioMIDI Setup, not DP. Once you have your controllers laid out and connected in the GUI exactly as you have them laid out and connected for real, you should be able to run multiple MIDI controllers simultaneously to control one keyboard/module (as I did in the previous post) or have multiple MIDI controllers recording to different MIDI channels on different devices.
Mid- 2012 MacBook Pro Quad-core i7 2.7 GHz/16 GB RAM/2 TB SSD (primary)/1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (secondary) • OS X 10.14.6 • DP 11.1 • Pro Tools 12.8.1 • Acoustica Pro 7.4.0 • Avid MBox Pro 3G • Korg K61 • IMDb Page