Disappearing Markers

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
glea
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Disappearing Markers

Post by glea »

I just now opened a project and found I couldn't add any markers either by key command or from the marker window. Add marker is greyed out.

I opened the project I was working on last night and all the markers are gone and I can't add any new ones.

At the end of last night I backed up my work and shut down MOTU and my computer. No problems.

What have I done?
The Country That Rules Magnetism, Rules The World: 3.2 Ghz Quad Xeon | OS 10.11.3 | 2408 Mk3 | 24 i/o | DP9.13 | Logic Pro 9 | 32 Ch Ghost
FMiguelez

Re: Disappearing Markers

Post by FMiguelez »

My first suspect would be the one that has bitten us all in the butt: The View Filter.
Open it and make sure markers are checked in that list.

Otherwise, make sure you're actually seeing edit windows that belong to the currently play-enabled chunk.

I'm not sure what else could cause this... :?

If that doesn't work, try repairing permissions and restarting the computer.

If nothing else works, try loading the current project into a new one (Load command).

Let us know how it goes.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
glea

Post by glea »

View Filter. Ah Ha! Yes I was in that menu yesterday. I remember I had hit clear all, but couldn't remember where I was when that happened.

I only figured out why you'd get into View Filter, for copying volume data in my case. Didn't know there was a landmine there.

All is well now.

thanks
The Country That Rules Magnetism, Rules The World: 3.2 Ghz Quad Xeon | OS 10.11.3 | 2408 Mk3 | 24 i/o | DP9.13 | Logic Pro 9 | 32 Ch Ghost
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Welcome to the exclusive View Filter club :)
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

DON'T get me started! CMD f in every other program is FIND but in DP it's that pesky filter. And dismissing most dialog boxes is the bottom right, but in the view filter it's CLEAR and dismisses the box. What the effen eff! LOL.

I don't care what the guys at MOTU say, I think it's there as an Easter Egg kind of thing and kind of like hitting your head on a low doorway. You should only do it once and learn, but in this case you didn't even see the doorway.

The view filter sort of has the same effect as this...

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was hilarious!

philbrown

Post by philbrown »

That's got to be THE most asked question here over the years isn't it?
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
MIDI Life Crisis

No. I think it's "Are you thinking of renovating your kitchen?"
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

LOL ! Geesh MLC, how long you been waiting to fit that into conversation?

Made my day!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
MIDI Life Crisis

Actually, I never even gave it a thought. Isn't that obvious?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS