Tab to transient in sequence window

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Robert Randolph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Tab to transient in sequence window

Post by Robert Randolph »

I've searched. The forum search, google, gearslutz, the manual, the help file etc... I've found, at best, references to older versions of DP and suggestions that do not involve keyboard commands.

I would like to move the insertion point to the next transient or beat using the keyboard. I would like to do this in the sequence window.

I need to reference multiple tracks and copy the selection to other tracks, which I've figured out. I am selecting, trimming, splitting, moving, deleting and volume adjusting portions of audio in a large multitracked session. I have figured out the above commands just fine. What I have not figured out is how to quickly move the insertion point to the nearest transient or beat so that I can make split or make a selection and trim.

Ideas?
Robert Randolph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Tab to transient in sequence window

Post by Robert Randolph »

As an addendum, I would like to know what constitutes an 'Event' as it is listed in the commands window. Thusfar I've recognized that a sync point, and soundbite start/end are events in this context. Is there anything else?