Bass arpeggiators?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Bass arpeggiators?

Post by bayswater »

banditblack wrote: 1: Since Trilian says I can drag-and-drop a MIDI file into the apeggiator, I thought if I could capture an audio groove and convert it to MIDI, I could create a bunch of presets that could utilize the "sqeeks" and "slides", etc. available to me.
I guess you don't have a MIDI keyboard, or a Guitar to MIDI converter. It would be easier to just play and record the groove as MIDI in the first place. If you only have audio you can try converting it with Trigger. Results are not always what you expect, but since it's MIDI, editing it is pretty simple.
banditblack wrote: 2: On my rp-1000 guitar processor, I can record using a patch that lowers the pitch and tries to emulate a bass. Since the sound is not good, I thought if I could convert it to MIDI, I could use the much superior sounds in Trilian.
Or you can just convert to MIDI and transpose down an octave.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8