SSD mucho cool!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
darrell
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

SSD mucho cool!

Post by darrell »

Installed a Samsung 500 gig EVO SSD in 2008 Mac Pro. Loading E/W Play samples for project I'm doing was taking 12-maybe 15 minutes. Now down to 1:05. I am digging that.
dewdman42
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: SSD mucho cool!

Post by dewdman42 »

Yep. I put an Evo into my MBP a couple weeks ago, and while I can't say it really makes any noticeable different for overall performance, it definitely makes a few tasks snappier. unzipping a large zip file happens extremely fast now. Copying files, fast. Loading samples of any kind, super fast. Booting up, fast. Apps startup faster. Scanning all your VST plugins, much faster, etc. I needed a larger drive so I went ahead and did this and i'm not sorry, though what I paid for the 1TB SSD was kind of a lot, not sure it really made that much difference to justify the expense, but what the heck, it is definitely nicer in certain ways.
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32