Bounce to disk

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
fatnack
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Bounce to disk

Post by fatnack »

Dear Community

I have a project consisting of about 120 MIDI channels, each one routed to it's own audio channel with input monitoring enabled. Now I'd like to simply bounce all of the tracks to a stereo file. Do I really have to select all the regions? This is quite tedious, since I either have to scroll for a minute, or else hit "Select All" and then manually change the numeric selection values to the song end. Is this the way to go?

Also, the output is empty. Even when I have everything selected. I strongly hope that I don't have to "burn" them to their individual audio tracks before bouncing - I often need a quick bounce in a minute or so (for example as a backup when I'm leaving the studio).

Thanks for any help!

Cheers
Remo
doodles

Re: Bounce to disk

Post by doodles »

The number of MIDI tracks doesn't matter. Are they all assigned to VI's or outboard gear?
If it's VI's, just make sure the assignments of the VI's are all to the same output (e.g. analog 1-2) then select all and bounce, making sure "analog 1-2" is selected as the input for the bounce.

Another way is just to do a real-time record. Same process as above, but create a new stereo track. Set all outs to a new bus (e.g. bus 1-2), then select input of new stereo track to bus 1-2. hit record.

good luck!
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

If you set the sequence length in the Chunks window, Select All will capture all the regions, etc, unless I'm missing something in your question. As mentioned above, if you select the correct output for the bounce, presumably the output you use to monitor the mix, that's pretty much all you have to do.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
fatnack

Post by fatnack »

Thank you. "Select all" works fine, but I hoped there would be an easier option.

I'm currently routing all the tracks to stem audio tracks which are then routed to a master audio track. The latter one is then used for printing a final audio file which is then exported using the "export soundbite" command. Works quite well for me.