Using USB Audio from TD-11K Drum Module with 828

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tobor
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Using USB Audio from TD-11K Drum Module with 828

Post by Tobor »

Hi,

I'm trying to record audio from a Roland TD-11K drum module (USB out) into a stereo audio track, while simultaneously recording guitar and bass on a 828. The audio driver seems to want to select either the 828 or the TD-11K.

Do I need to set up an aggregate device or something similar? Of course I have five minutes to set this up, and now distractions are keeping me from tackling the manual at the moment! Anyway, would appreciate some advice here..... it's just a practice but would like to set this up correctly, at least for future reference. I could do the workaround of using the analog outs on the drum module (and MIDI could work for the time being, that's set up correctly), just curious as I've never tried this before.

Thanks!!
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
4stripes
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Using USB Audio from TD-11K Drum Module with 828

Post by 4stripes »

You can't run multiple interface drivers in a single app. Try aggregate, not sure why you haven't already.
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

4stripes wrote:You can't run multiple interface drivers in a single app. Try aggregate, not sure why you haven't already.
Sorry, I haven't done this before. But now with keyboards and drums with USB to computer connections it's now relevant.

Aggregate was the word I was looking for, thanks. Would I find this in the DP manual (it's not under 'aggregate') or is this a Core Audio solution?
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
4stripes
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by 4stripes »

You used the word aggregate before... it's in Audio MIDI Setup. Try Google https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... o&safe=off
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

4stripes wrote:You used the word aggregate before... it's in Audio MIDI Setup. Try Google https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... o&safe=off
Perf. Thanks.

IIRC after I perform the Audio MIDI procedure I'll have to reset DP's Host Multiplier as well.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

4stripes wrote:You can't run multiple interface drivers in a single app. Try aggregate, not sure why you haven't already.
You can't? Are you talking about Windows? See p 20 of Getting Started:

Figure 4-1: The Configure Hardware Driver window. On the Mac, you can select multiple drivers to operate several audio devices simultaneously. In this example, a MOTU 828mk3 (FireWire) interface is being used with the computer’s built-in audio.

I think shift click is required to select multiple drivers.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8