Stillwell Audio - Version 3.00 is aliiiiiive

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
sstillwell
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Stillwell Audio - Version 3.00 is aliiiiiive

Post by sstillwell »

Hey folks...don't want to sound like a "For Sale" ad or spammy, but I know there are a good number of Stillwell Audio customers on Digital Performer that got left by the wayside when DP8 came out.

That should no longer be the case...version 3 is out with 32 and 64 bit support on Mac and Windows.

Also tons of other features including RTAS and AAX support for Pro Tools, along with VST3...but that isn't too relevant here. :)

Enjoy, and sorry for the long wait!

Scott
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Stillwell Audio - Version 3.00 is aliiiiiive

Post by James Steele »

sstillwell wrote:Hey folks...don't want to sound like a "For Sale" ad or spammy, but I know there are a good number of Stillwell Audio customers on Digital Performer that got left by the wayside when DP8 came out.

That should no longer be the case...version 3 is out with 32 and 64 bit support on Mac and Windows.

Also tons of other features including RTAS and AAX support for Pro Tools, along with VST3...but that isn't too relevant here. :)

Enjoy, and sorry for the long wait!

Scott
Scott... as site owner let me tell you you're not being spammy and you and other developers are always welcome to share news here. I'm a customer of yours too! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Such good news!

The Stillwell site says 'free update', but I don't care, I am gonna pay again for the Rocket again 'cause I love it so much, and these guys deserve to get some $$$ for all the work to go 64bit.

From the Stillwell site:
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

BKK-OZ wrote:Such good news!

The Stillwell site says 'free update', but I don't care, I am gonna pay again for the Rocket again 'cause I love it so much, and these guys deserve to get some $$$ for all the work to go 64bit.
Sweet! I'm a registered Rocket user and it'll be nice to have one less plug 32 Lives has to bridge! :)

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Just bought (re-bought!) The Rocket and installed it into DP 8.06 and so far it works just fine.

n.b. the installer email says to remove the .txt extension at the end of the license file, but that is only for Windoze. On a Mac, you should keep the .key extension (and copy the license file into the plugin folder).
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

BKK-OZ wrote:Just bought (re-bought!) The Rocket and installed it into DP 8.06 and so far it works just fine.

n.b. the installer email says to remove the .txt extension at the end of the license file, but that is only for Windoze. On a Mac, you should keep the .key extension (and copy the license file into the plugin folder).
Right. Well here's the crazy thing: I have Rocket version 2.0 and it's already 64-bit compatible! It's from 2010! I was using it in DP 8.06 in 64-bit mode already. Wild. I'll go ahead and get version 3 anyway, but wow!

David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Funny thing, I had the "beta" 64-bit version of the Rocket and I couldn't get it to pass audio
in DP8. So I gave up on it until this news came along. Downloaded and installed v 3.0 Rocket
and Bombardier (both of which I own) and they popped up as authorized in DP8 and are working great. Hats off to Scott.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
sstillwell

Post by sstillwell »

Woohoo!
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Yeah, it's good to have Rocket back. Thanks, Scott.
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.