Please recommend a great plug-in to clean LPs

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Please recommend a great plug-in to clean LPs

Post by labman »

Shooshie et al, Mike Thornton has some superb videos on RX3 and Rx2 on both his site and Groove3. (I believe his site is "protools expert" or something like that.)

Way easy to learn from, and you get to pick up some british slang to boot!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Please recommend a great plug-in to clean LPs

Post by Shooshie »

labman wrote:Shooshie et al, Mike Thornton has some superb videos on RX3 and Rx2 on both his site and Groove3. (I believe his site is "protools expert" or something like that.)

Way easy to learn from, and you get to pick up some british slang to boot!
Thanks labman! I'll check that out. I've seen some good ones, but just haven't had the time and/or motivation to put them into action, so I'm still using what's familiar and good to me. Waves noise stuff works pretty well, really, but i understand that RX3 is a whole new level of "ok," so I really need to do that.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|