Change multiple velocites on one MIDI note

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Jera
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Change multiple velocites on one MIDI note

Post by Jera »

Hi

I have a MIDI track that was recorded with a TD-20, the kick drum of the MIDI track has a very low velocity, I would like to change all of them to 127, is there a way I can make it all the same for a single note?

Thanks
Chris
DP 8.6 / MacBook Pro 2.7ghz Core i7/8GB ram/Dell Latitude 7440 i7 16GB RAM /1TB Firewire 800/828 original/Midisport 2X2/MIDI merger
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Change multiple velocites on one MIDI note

Post by NazRat »

Open the Drum Editor and double click on the note name (left panel) you want to change to select all the hits. Then right-click on any of the selected hits and pick Change Velocity. In the Change Velocity dialog select 'Set' from the dropdown box and the enter the number you want.

(You can see the change if you show 'Grid with Velocity' setting with the down arrow just to the right of the Comments column for that note.)
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Change multiple velocites on one MIDI note

Post by bayswater »

Or open the track in the MIDI editor and double click on the piano key to the left for the note to be changed. Then you can choose the Change Velocity command, or drag the velocity icons in the lower half of the edit screen up and down.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8