pitch change on an audio track-DP6

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Zvalera
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

pitch change on an audio track-DP6

Post by Zvalera »

Hello, I'd like to take an audio track and change the pitch up a half step using DP6. I tried spectral effects with no formant change but the result was terrible.. even quicktime 7 does a better job (but i cant save pitch changes on QT).

Is there another way to change pitch a half step without spectral effect?

Or is there a recommended plugin? I have kontakt 5. Would the editor change the pitch on a two minute audio track?

suggestions please :)
Snow leopard; DP 6; DP 9.1
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: pitch change on an audio track-DP6

Post by FMiguelez »

Have you tried doing it in the Sequence Editor?

Open your audio track in the SE.

From there, choose the Pitch lane. Select all and pull it up a half step. Done!

I haven't used the spectral effects for a while, but IIRC, the algorithm used in the SE interface should be much better. Bare in mind that this technique works best for monophonic audio without effects, like vocal tracks, etc.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
rickorick
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: pitch change on an audio track-DP6

Post by rickorick »

You could try Apple Pitch in the plug ins. Just raise it by 100 thats a 1/2 step then record the track to another track.
Used 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core 16g ram 10.8.5 DP 7.24