Addictive Drums 2 on DP8...Noise problem!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
jacey714
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Addictive Drums 2 on DP8...Noise problem!

Post by jacey714 »

Hi guys,

I just installed AD2 with all the add on packs. I noticed on certain patches there's a LOUD digital glitch noise that won't go away. One of the patches that does that is the "Clean-ish" patch on the Fairfax Kit and "Gaye-ish" in the Retro Kit. Anybody else have this problem?

Here's a quick video of what I'm talking about...

http://youtu.be/-Mm0UcUBsLo
dbender
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Addictive Drums 2 on DP8...Noise problem!

Post by dbender »

I very quickly tried the AU plugin and had some mild low level crackling on many but not all patches in AD2. A-B'd it by opening AD 1 plugin and it played clean. I thought maybe AD2 perhaps is more ram/sample intensive than AD1. I need to do more testing. Don't have that in the AD2 standalone.

So your post shows there may be problems w/ AD2 in DP.

FYI XLN has the first update for AD2 out a couple of days ago. Haven't tried that yet.
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
jacey714

Post by jacey714 »

Hi,

You are correct. The problem doesn't happen while in Stand Alone mode.

According to XLN audio, DP8 isn't one of the officially supported DAW platform. Also, they did mention that AD2 is far more CPU intensive than AD1. However, I still don't understand how all the other presets work without any problems except those few.

I wasn't aware that there has been an update. I will definitely try that today and let you know what happens.

Thanks again.

J
jacey714

Post by jacey714 »

Hi,

Just checked the new update for AD2. And YES! They solved the problem!

Thanks for looking out!

J
dbender
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by dbender »

Thanks for letting us know the update solved the problem. Have installed it and checked out the standalone, but not the plugin yet. I've been hoping the update fixed things with the, for me, mild low level crackling.
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....