Sample Logic Rumble for $29.99

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sample Logic Rumble for $29.99

Post by bayswater »

rnappi wrote:I got a crossgrade from MachFive to Kontakt for $100 and have since gone on an uncontrollable VI spending spree. I try to incorporate whatever I buy into a job a least once to justify purchase, but admittedly, I've developed a serious problem that probably requires therapy, thorazine and/or a straight jacket.
Where did you find the $100 crossgrade? I've avoided Kontakt because of the interface, but for $100 it would be a great way to feed my own obsession.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

bayswater wrote:
rnappi wrote:I got a crossgrade from MachFive to Kontakt for $100 and have since gone on an uncontrollable VI spending spree. I try to incorporate whatever I buy into a job a least once to justify purchase, but admittedly, I've developed a serious problem that probably requires therapy, thorazine and/or a straight jacket.
Where did you find the $100 crossgrade? I've avoided Kontakt because of the interface, but for $100 it would be a great way to feed my own obsession.
I think Rich and I had found the same cross grade. That's exactly how I got it — from Mach5, about 2 years ago. It wasn't that I needed it; it was more like "for $100, I'll kick myself if I ever DO need it and failed to get it." (and I think it was more like $90) Generally, I avoid Kontakt, but I'm trying to keep it upgraded and in working order, even though I don't have it on a single one of my current templates.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Shooshie wrote:I think Rich and I had found the same cross grade. That's exactly how I got it — from Mach5, about 2 years ago. It wasn't that I needed it; it was more like "for $100, I'll kick myself if I ever DO need it and failed to get it." (and I think it was more like $90) Generally, I avoid Kontakt, but I'm trying to keep it upgraded and in working order, even though I don't have it on a single one of my current templates.

Shoosh
I doubt I'd use it that much, but there are so many useful sounds, many that are free, that need the full version of Kontakt. I'd probably resample most of them with Autosampler, and use them in MachFive anyway, but Kontakt seems to be a necessary evil.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
rnappi

Post by rnappi »

bayswater wrote:
I looked back out of curiosity and it turns out that I got a 50% discount on the $249 crossgrade for owning EWQL SO. My apologies for the erroneous info. Anyway, I'm sure they'll have summer/fall deals coming.

I love MachFive for my own custom libraries and absolutely prefer it over Kontakt, but after years of waiting for M5 to catch up with regards to VI developers(and them asking $179 to move to ver.3), I was finally lured to the dark side. I hope it's not overly inappropriate to laud a competing product on a site dedicated to MOTU , but the new instruments and interfaces developed specifically for Kontakt5 are pretty great. When you have to knock out three spots in day, having an endless choice of VIs can make life a whole lot easier.

rich
2012 Mac Pro 3.46 Ghz Westmere 12 Core_96G Ram_OSX 10.12.6_DP 9.5