Retake, Record Repeat, Rerecord.. in DP?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Robert Randolph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Retake, Record Repeat, Rerecord.. in DP?

Post by Robert Randolph »

I scoured the manual and googled for everything I could think of. I'm stumped.

Is it possible to have a single command to stop the recording, delete the recorded soundbite, return to beginning and start recording again (selectably with/out preroll)?

I managed to find this feature in Logic as 'Record Repeat' and in Cubase as 'Re-record Mode', if that helps the reader understand the functionality I'm looking for.
FMiguelez

Re: Retake, Record Repeat, Rerecord.. in DP?

Post by FMiguelez »

Not like that, but you can accomplish the same thing with auto-rewind on (so it goes back where it started) and undo.

You could probably program a QuicKeys macro as well.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I set up commands and have a little "dance" of key presses.

I use the spacebar to stop, COMMAND-z to undo recording, and I use numeric-keypad's zero to rewind to beginning, I have a couple different key-commands to enter recording, depending on whether I'm using my laptop with or without an attached keyboard.

So I'm recording a pass, and I don't like it--- bip, bam, boom, pop and I'm back in again.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

I never use it, but would Polar work for this?
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

philbrown wrote:I never use it, but would Polar work for this?
In a way, Polar would work. But Polar is designed for things like stacking harmonies, stacking an entire song from the ground up. You could use it for takes though.

Polar is highly RAM dependent. Be sure you have plenty of it!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|