DP and Melodyne revisited

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
ritzybiz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP and Melodyne revisited

Post by ritzybiz »

I have struggled with Melodyne as a plugin in DP for some time. The playback facilities are virtually non existent. Double clicking in the plugin shows the cursor moving, but no sound. Clicking on a blob and using the arrow keys to move through plays no sound. Moving a blob(s) around plays no sound.

In DP7 I found that putting Melodyne in the 2nd insert slot and putting any plugin in the 1st slot seemed to work, but it's not working now. I downloaded the latest versions of DP8 and Melodyne. The plugin works flawlessly in PT 11.

I am using my MBP, late 2013.

Very frustrated, any help would be appreciated.
iMac 2019, 40 GB RAM
MacBook Pro, 16GB, OSX 10.11
DP10, Studio One, PT, Logic X, Sibelius, Live, Reason
Apogee Duet, Apogee Ensemble
ritzybiz

Re: DP and Melodyne revisited [RESOLVED]

Post by ritzybiz »

Placing a plugin in the 1st slot still didn’t work for me, but turning on the input monitor (blue button) in the mixer worked. A bit awkward but it worked!
ritzybiz wrote:I have struggled with Melodyne as a plugin in DP for some time. The playback facilities are virtually non existent. Double clicking in the plugin shows the cursor moving, but no sound. Clicking on a blob and using the arrow keys to move through plays no sound. Moving a blob(s) around plays no sound.

In DP7 I found that putting Melodyne in the 2nd insert slot and putting any plugin in the 1st slot seemed to work, but it's not working now. I downloaded the latest versions of DP8 and Melodyne. The plugin works flawlessly in PT 11.

I am using my MBP, late 2013.

Very frustrated, any help would be appreciated.
iMac 2019, 40 GB RAM
MacBook Pro, 16GB, OSX 10.11
DP10, Studio One, PT, Logic X, Sibelius, Live, Reason
Apogee Duet, Apogee Ensemble
ironchef_marc

Re: DP and Melodyne revisited

Post by ironchef_marc »

Yes you do have to put it in input monitor mode. They do say so in the manual about using it in DP.
Check their videos, great source to learn everything there is to know about that great plug-in.
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV