Sharing markers across sequences?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
MDesigner
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sharing markers across sequences?

Post by MDesigner »

Is there any way I can plant down markers just once, and have them be global across sequences? That way I can place hit points for a film just once and they're there no matter how I decide to split up the cues.
Sam Hulick
Composer
http://samhulick.com
Social Media: [ Twitter | Facebook ]
Dan Worley

Re: Sharing markers across sequences?

Post by Dan Worley »

1. Make sure you select the region in the Conductor Track that includes the markers.

2. Got to Project > Sequences > Copy Selection to new sequence.

Done.

If you're trying to do it after the chunk has been created, open the Conductor Track in the SE and copy the region that has the markers, open the other chunk and paste them into its conductor track.
DP10.13
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Conductor tracks copy/paste just as other tracks do.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MDesigner

Post by MDesigner »

Except then you take meter/tempo changes with it. I was hoping for some option like "share markers globally." I'll just change up my workflow and not mark up the entire film until I separate into cues.
Sam Hulick
Composer
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

MDesigner wrote:Except then you take meter/tempo changes with it. I was hoping for some option like "share markers globally." I'll just change up my workflow and not mark up the entire film until I separate into cues.
Not necessarily.

If you don't want to include meter or tempo changes, simply hide them first with the View Filter. Your selection will only include whatever is allowed in there.

The View Filter is your friend, especially for these kinds of operations.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MDesigner

Post by MDesigner »

Ah, good to know. Thanks, Felix! Once the dust settles, I need to spend some time looking at the tips post on the forum, and go through the manual and Groove3 videos. I'm breezing through it now just to get stuff done, but I know I'm probably missing a lot of useful tools.
Sam Hulick
Composer