DP8 Factory Presets? Location? Download?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP8 Factory Presets? Location? Download?

Post by stubbsonic »

Did MOTU include ANY factory presets for the Dynamic Equalizer plug-in? As it is now there aren't any and I'm wondering if I can get it to a sort of generic, default starting position.

It is possible I don't have something set correctly, so I wanted to make sure I didn't do something to prevent the presets from getting installed correctly.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: DP8 Factory Presets? Location? Download?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Nope. They haven't released a preset but there is a youtube on how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imx6GK39vEo
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

It would seem that that plug in is really to tailor very specific track elements. It's really not a "general" EQ kind of thing that presets would be of much value, IMO. You really need to tailor it to the specific material you're working with and how you want to count our it. Basically it will be an EQ but with the ability to compress each selected frequency. I don't know of any other EQ that does that but I'm not much of a geek in that area. There may be one.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

That makes sense.

I guess I was thinking of it more as a multi-band compressor than an EQ, but the video does present it more as an EQ as well. It is a dynamic EQ, and not a "multiband"

My main concern was making sure that the overlapping bands didn't interfere with each other or create some areas of unexpected gain or resonance because I was just being stupid with the band width or Q. That's why I was thinking of even just a couple starting points, like:

Full multi-band compressor (3:1, 2 ms look-ahead)
Dual band compressor (3:1, 2 ms look-ahead)
Easy De-Esser
Fast multi-band compressor
Slow easy gentle leveler
Nice vocal
Clean bass
General Drums
Edgy Megaphone vox
Rude

As with all presets, little jumping off points.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

MIDI Life Crisis

Write 'em and share em! :) Better yet, sell them to MOTU!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I'm not sure I have the right ears for that. But I guess I could at least get 'em started.

Someone on the forum with the golden ears can tweak 'em up.