Key command to access a window's mini menu?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Key command to access a window's mini menu?

Post by NazRat »

If a window or cell has focus, it there a way to access the mini menu with a key command and navigate with the arrows rather than using the mouse? Couldn't find anything in the commands or docs, but you never know. TIA
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Key command to access a window's mini menu?

Post by stubbsonic »

+1

That would be super useful. It could even just be a single command that works for the current "up front" window.

Perhaps QuicKeys?
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Key command to access a window's mini menu?

Post by Shooshie »

Many of the items within a mini-menu have their own key commands, especially zoom. There may be others you can access from within the Commands Window, so that you can have the commands you want when you need them.

The Mini-Menus do not respond to Apple's keyboard navigation as far as I know. I haven't tried that in a long time, so it would be worth testing before taking my word for it.

Years ago, I used QuicKeys to access items in Mini-Menus by using the reference from the window's corner to find the spot to click. Then DP6 came out, with the Consolidated Windows, and the corner references no longer worked. I went back and figured out that within the Consolidated Window there is an offset that you have to add to the reference distances. I've forgotten that offset, but I had to find it by trial and error. Once I found it, it worked for all of the panes in that column.

So, yes, it can be done with QuicKeys, but not the usual way where QK measures the distances. You have to take QK's numbers and find the offset. Once you find that, you won't have any problems.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|