aggregate device order

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stringtheory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

aggregate device order

Post by stringtheory »

is it possible to change the order of devices in the Output and Input section of Bundles? i mean the top row, the x-axis of the grid where the devices and outputs themselves are listed by name, not the y-axis where bundles are assigned and named by us. i have an aggregate device set up using the UAD and Soundlfower, and i'd prefer that Soundflower be the last device rather than the first. i suspect this is set to alphabetical order, and it is inherited from AMS...
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: aggregate device order

Post by James Steele »

I haven't found a way. Doesn't look like they're moveable.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by JSmith1234567 »

I'd like to ask a related question.

When I add a stereo track, the default output matches whatever track is at the top of the outputs window in bundles.

I would like the default output to be my master bus, not a physical output.

I can't tell you how many times it's been set wrong when I have not been paying attention, and I hear the track coming out of the interface into the speakers, but the track is not actually getting printed.

Is there any way to change this?
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NazRat »

stringtheory wrote:is it possible to change the order of devices in the Output and Input section of Bundles? i mean the top row, the x-axis of the grid where the devices and outputs themselves are listed by name, not the y-axis where bundles are assigned and named by us. i have an aggregate device set up using the UAD and Soundlfower, and i'd prefer that Soundflower be the last device rather than the first. i suspect this is set to alphabetical order, and it is inherited from AMS...
Read my answer from a previous thread here:
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=57171
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1