Control Surface recommendation

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
weaselxr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Control Surface recommendation

Post by weaselxr »

I was hoping anyone could help point me in the right direction of reliable control surface that works with DP8. I'm looking for something that has at least 8 knobs and sliders that has a good feel and is reliable as I would be using it every day. It would also be nice if it had a pitch bend and mod wheel, as mine are currently out of commission. I know that might be a stretch, so if anyone had any recommendations to an alternative solution to get a mod wheel and pitch bend, that would be great. I'm trying to avoid buying a small keyboard controller just for the wheels.

Does anyone have any personal experience with any surfaces that would fit my needs and would be willing to share?

Also, these would be used almost exclusively for composing and mixing. Not live. I do both electronic and orchestral music.

Thanks!