Proverb library handling

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Klaus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Proverb library handling

Post by Klaus »

I'm preparing to demo Proverb for a friend, but he will be using DP 8 / Win7 rig, if he likes it.
I am on DP 7.24, and have no luck using my IR library via folder alias... with Proverb
The manual says it would work like with Nanosampler libraries, but if I drag an alias of my IR library folder onto Proverb's sample window, it doesn't work.
Also there is no 'Impulse Responses' folder
Dragging one IR at a time works, but then there is that user 'package' file ( xml ? ), no 'Impulse Responses' folder created.
Anyone can help ?

And then the whole thing has to be 'translated' to the DP8 / Win7 platform...
so I understand :oops:

Thanks a lot

and best regards

Klaus
bayswater

Re: Proverb library handling

Post by bayswater »

Klaus, getting IRs into Proverb was discussed here.

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... it=proverb

I mentioned that I found it easiest to delete the existing library stored by Proverb/DP (the manual says where it is), get all the IRs organized into a folder structure anywhere (e.g. the desktop), than drag the entire folder onto the Proverb interface. It processes the samples, rejects those it doesn't like, and creates a new library. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else could be done to store the IRs where Proverb can use them.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

bayswater wrote:Klaus, getting IRs into Proverb was discussed here.

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... it=proverb

I mentioned that I found it easiest to delete the existing library stored by Proverb/DP (the manual says where it is), get all the IRs organized into a folder structure anywhere (e.g. the desktop), than drag the entire folder onto the Proverb interface. It processes the samples, rejects those it doesn't like, and creates a new library. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else could be done to store the IRs where Proverb can use them.
Sorry that I didn't mention :
Yes, I've read that and searched for Proverb... :mrgreen:

I don't want to create a new library for the IRs...
just want to use an alias, like the printed manual says...
?
BTW
anyone using 'equipment' IRs, like bus compression or so ?

Klaus
vladat
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by vladat »

Hi all,

I read through the topic, haven't found an answer...

Did anyone figure out how to import IRs to Proverb in the Windows version of DP8? Drag and drop doesn't work, and the User folder is grayed out. I don't even know the location of this folder so I can try to copy there instead. Any ideas please?
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

vladat, I can't help you with Windows. Sorry mate.

Klaus, aliases simply won't work. Bayswater is correct. I had a thread on this years ago; not sure if that's the one he pointed to.

That was my method too, and the only sensible one IMHO. That is, to create the folder structure as you'd prefer it to be and drag the whole shebang onto PVerb. Any time you make a change to said structure, delete MOTU's version in the user lib's app support folder and re-drag it. This takes longer but saves headaches as if you add single folders of perhaps a few IRs, IIRC, you have to aim perfectly in the PVerb window for them to be placed where you'd like.

Obviously, you'd need to keep your original layout somewhere else (mine sits on my "Samples" drive); this is the one you make changes to should you need them, and... re-drag, of course.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
vladat
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by vladat »

Yes, seems like they need some more work on the win version...I am able to use DP on PC normally for the most part though.

Thanks