sync wav files with MIDI

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Nox666
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

sync wav files with MIDI

Post by Nox666 »

I am working in a project scored in finale, I made a wav file of it and pasted it on the track •••• of DP8, so I can do MIDI drums with it, I used the same meter and tempo changes I originally used w finale, but when I play it, it is totally out of sync w the grid on DP8, what am I doing wrong, the only reason I use Finale is for the features that the MIDI on DP8 does offer, and the other way around, I am forced to use both, each has a limitation and complement each other as well for what I want to do. please help me. thanks.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: sync wav files with MIDI

Post by Shooshie »

Nox666 wrote:I am working in a project scored in finale, I made a wav file of it and pasted it on the track •••• of DP8, so I can do MIDI drums with it, I used the same meter and tempo changes I originally used w finale, but when I play it, it is totally out of sync w the grid on DP8, what am I doing wrong, the only reason I use Finale is for the features that the MIDI on DP8 does offer, and the other way around, I am forced to use both, each has a limitation and complement each other as well for what I want to do. please help me. thanks.

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question, so I'm going to guess. If I get it wrong, maybe you can explain it again.

I think what you're saying is that the music you score in Finale, once pasted into DP, does not fit into the tracks, even though you set up the same bars, meter changes, and so on. If that is the case, then what you need to do is use Adjust Beats.

I made a video tutorial of that many years ago, and I must apologize for the poor quality of it. The audio drifts. Still, you can make out what's going on, and it should give you an idea of how to use Adjust Beats.

DP Tips Sheet: Adjust Beats w/video tutorial.

The main difference between what you'll be doing and what's happening in the video (forgetting about the audio drift for now) is that I'm lining up the beats and bar lines to a MIDI track, whereas you'll be lining it up with an audio track. You're familiar enough with the score that this should not be a problem for you, but you'll have to find the place in the waveform that conforms to exactly the ictus of the beat.

Once again, sorry about the drift on the audio on the video. One day I'll redo that video and make it shorter as well as more accurate. But it's not high on my list of priorities right now.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|