Make new Mix based on another Mix file?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
digitiki
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Make new Mix based on another Mix file?

Post by digitiki »

So I'm down to mixing some songs for a project and I'm fairly new to DP. In MIX MODE, I can create a whole new mix of a song which is nice. But is it possible to create a mix and then use the settings in it as the basis for a new mix? (Import a current mix? or something like that). It seems that when I create a new mix it starts over from scratch.

Anybody know if its possible?

THANKS
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Make new Mix based on another Mix file?

Post by NazRat »

Have you tried Duplicate Mix in the mix menu at the bottom mixing board?
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

digitiki wrote:So I'm down to mixing some songs for a project and I'm fairly new to DP. In MIX MODE, I can create a whole new mix of a song which is nice. But is it possible to create a mix and then use the settings in it as the basis for a new mix? (Import a current mix? or something like that). It seems that when I create a new mix it starts over from scratch.

Anybody know if its possible?

THANKS
It sounds like you need a template.

Other than that, if you want to "import" a mix from project A to project B, you'd need to load the proper chunk, delete what you don't need, and move the Soundbites around to the newly imported tracks.
I think it's just easier when you have a tempate and do this before the fact.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

NazRat wrote:Have you tried Duplicate Mix in the mix menu at the bottom mixing board?
+1

In MIX MODE use Duplicate Mix.
DP10.13
digitiki

Post by digitiki »

Oh geeze. Do I feel like an idiot. I stared at that mini menu so long that I didn't even see the "Duplicate" option. Sorry about that.
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Weren't you talking about using a mix from one project in another project? :?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

digitiki wrote:Oh geeze. Do I feel like an idiot. I stared at that mini menu so long that I didn't even see the "Duplicate" option. Sorry about that.
It's not completely intuitive. When I'm telling someone how to work in Mix Mode, that's the first thing I tell them, because if I don't, they'll lose their first mix every time. It seems like they could start off with "Name This Mix" as a menu option, so that you can save the mix you have. But "Duplicate" is the correct choice.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|