Please recommend a good Transient shaper plug-in...

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
musicman691

Re: Please recommend a good Transient shaper plug-in...

Post by musicman691 »

mhschmieder wrote:Never heard of that one, and can't even tell from the image who the vendor is, as it appears to be abbreviated to a two or three letter acronym.
The developer is Eareckon; got that from clicking on the link in the post.
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mhschmieder »

Hah, didn't see the link, as I've been having trouble with video inserts resizing and blocking surrounding text, then jumping around before stabilizing. Maybe it's time for El Capitan? :-)
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

mhschmieder wrote:Hah, didn't see the link, as I've been having trouble with video inserts resizing and blocking surrounding text, then jumping around before stabilizing. Maybe it's time for El Capitan? :-)
What OSX are you using now?
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

I'm on 10.6.8 and it was right there.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Still on Yosemite, for now, until I feel I can risk down-time on near-complete albums (or until they're finished). I expect BIAS Peak to stop working, and I still depend on it for reasons I haven't time to go into right now, but LOTS of time has been spent trying to find alternatives for the SPECIFIC tasks I still use it for (mastering is not one of them at this point).

I've had a lot of weird issues with recent Safari updates. Seem to be performance-related.

Bear in mind that I have a gazillion tabs at all times, due to all the research I'm doing on so many tracks at once. That's what happens when a company expects you to wear a dozen or more different hats, each of which is an extremely difficult subject in itself. I have to keep the tabs active, even if I sort bookmarks as well, or use other browser management techniques. I don't need any lectures on this; I've tried everything. Very few people are expected to do as much as I am, but that's a story not fit for a public forum.

No accusations here; just some pre-emptive statements to try to keep this topic from getting hijacked. I feel awful when a simple statement is challenged vs. taken at face value silently, as I try hard not to be the guilty one when it comes to topic drift.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
nk_e

Post by nk_e »

Sonic State just posted a really decent review/walkthrough of Sonnox's Envolution if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-6lkiI83Co

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com