Unisyn/JV-1080 issue

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
SMS
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Unisyn/JV-1080 issue

Post by SMS »

Yeah, I know this is the DP thread, Unisyn is no longer supported by MOTU (a shame, 'cause I'm so used to using it to edit my venerable JV-1080).

Somehow, now I can't get Unisyn to recognize the Expansion Board patchlists in the Performance Editor. Always worked fine before. I've tried trashing prefs, re-installing, no joy.

I've edited the 1080's "System" mode in Uni to tell it what boards are installed in slots EXP A and EXP B, but it just doesn't find the patch list. Also tried setting up the Exp board lists in DP- this works for DP, but Uni stays stupid, even if I tell it to use the DP lists.

Where does Uni store this info for the 1080 profile? I've tried trashing prefs, etc.

Any help appreciated.

Bill
MOTU user since Performer™ 1.22 on 128k floppy
DP 11.23
MacBook Pro 14” 2023 M2 max 12 core
64 Gb RAM
4TB SSD
OS 14.0 Sonoma
UAD Apollo 8
828 mk3 Hybrid
MIDI Express XT
stubbsonic

Re: Unisyn/JV-1080 issue

Post by stubbsonic »

I don't know if I can help, but you can install a little utility called "Find Any File". It is a file search utility that works better than the Finder's version. It will include invisibles and system files. You could search for 1080, or Expansion, and see if it turns up the location of those files.

You might repair permissions, to see if that relinks access. Good luck.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
SMS

Re: Unisyn/JV-1080 issue

Post by SMS »

Thanks, stubsonic.

I know where the .midnam files are, I wonder what file Unisyn changes when you tell it what expansion boards are installed. If I knew that, I could load that file from a backup of my older system.

Thanks
MOTU user since Performer™ 1.22 on 128k floppy
DP 11.23
MacBook Pro 14” 2023 M2 max 12 core
64 Gb RAM
4TB SSD
OS 14.0 Sonoma
UAD Apollo 8
828 mk3 Hybrid
MIDI Express XT