GrooveMonkee MIDI drum loops and DP8

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
artfarm1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

GrooveMonkee MIDI drum loops and DP8

Post by artfarm1 »

Has anybody else been using GrooveMonkee MIDI drum loops and find that they are 'hit and miss' when dragging into a DP8 MIDI Track?

Some seem to drag and drop easily, while others are 'rejected'and sent flying back to the hard drive they came from.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
DP 11, OS Ventura
MacMini 2023 M2Pro, 16 gig RAM, MOTU M6, SSD drives for everything, various sound/sampled libraries from all major vendors, Logic Pro X, DSP-Quattro
MacBook Pro 2015, OSX Monterey, 2.5ghz, 16 gig RAM (w/duplicate software as in MacMini setup)
Trombones: King 2B SilverSonic, King 2B Liberty, & Conn 88H w/Doug Elliott mouthpieces!
http://www.cammillarmusic.com
adriano

Re: GrooveMonkee MIDI drum loops and DP8

Post by adriano »

Hello artfarm1,
Could it be a corrupted MIDI file? Or, maybe during the saving process, didn't quite save correctly.
It's happened in the past, where a file will open in one app, but not another.
I suggest for you to open the MIDI file loop and re-save it.

Adriano
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.9.5
DP 8.07, 828MKIII, Keys-Fantom X8, XV-88. Key

SampleTank v2.5.4, Miroslav Philharmonik v1.1.2, SampleMoog v1.02, SampleTron v1.02, Sonik Synth 2 v2.1.1, Independence Pro v3.2.0126, EZDrummer 1.4, MDrummer Large 5.02, Komplete U9, Orchestral Essential 1, Orchestral Essential 2, Complete Orchestral Collection

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

I use some of these with Superior Drummer - never had any trouble with dragging these to DP. You could always download them again in case you have some damaged files.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
artfarm1

Post by artfarm1 »

thanks guys.... I'll try the re-load!

I think the GrooveMonkee products are great, by the way.
DP 11, OS Ventura
MacMini 2023 M2Pro, 16 gig RAM, MOTU M6, SSD drives for everything, various sound/sampled libraries from all major vendors, Logic Pro X, DSP-Quattro
MacBook Pro 2015, OSX Monterey, 2.5ghz, 16 gig RAM (w/duplicate software as in MacMini setup)
Trombones: King 2B SilverSonic, King 2B Liberty, & Conn 88H w/Doug Elliott mouthpieces!
bdr

Post by bdr »

I like their loops also. I haven't had trouble with Groove Monkey MIDI files but I did have problems with another drag and drop MIDI loop player (Linplug RMV) at one time and it was related to incorrect extensions ie I think it had .mi rather than .mid. Check all the files have the correct extension.
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
artfarm1

Post by artfarm1 »

Re-download..... all's good! Thanks!
DP 11, OS Ventura