MOTU Website update 4/11/2014

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Keith Henry
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MOTU Website update 4/11/2014

Post by Keith Henry »

Anybody got any word on MOTU? I cannot access the website since last night. The only info I can find was posted here on March 5th, 2014.

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=57097

As irony would have it, my DP 6 started crashing on me last night (a relatively small multitrack session, using only 2 UA-1 plugins LA-2A along with 1 TC Powercore Channel Strip). Should I uninstall/reinstall DP, UAD-1 and TC Powercore?

Reading the above post, others were mentioning the ned for the website to be active for DP sessions to properly run? Can you please elaborate.

Thanks much.
K
*Dual 1.25 G4 2GB RAM/OS 10.5.8/DP 4.6.1/UAD-1/Powercore/Virus PoCo/NI/ EWQL/MX4/Symphonic Instrument/Novation V-Station,Nova/Green Oak-Crystal, Orbit, Dark Star
*Dual 2.0 G5 PowerPC 6GB RAM/OS 10.5.8/PT 8/DP 6/UAD-1/Powercore
*Core Duo 1.83 Macbook Pro/OS 10.5.8/PT 8/DP 6 and um....
*5) ultra bad Strats/Egnater Tourmaster 4100/Carvin Legacy/Laney 100W AOR/4x12 Celestions
*Neumann/AKG/Shure

http://home.comcast.net/~keith_henry/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: MOTU Website update 4/11/2014

Post by James Steele »

From what I recall, the only problem you might have is if you wanted to authorize DP8, which requires an internet connection to MOTU's server to do so. After it's authorized, it tries to connect on start up to push content to the new Welcome screen feature that is part of DP8, but can be defeated in the Mac version by changing the preference. You still should be able to launch it.

This shouldn't apply to you anyway because you're using DP6 which like versions prior to DP8, use keydisk authorization and don't need to connect to the internet to authorize. You should be fine. I'd also suggest you update to a newer version. DP6 was a problematic version that I recommend most people avoid and just go right to DP 7.24 or later. The last version of DP6 wasn't bad, but you're still much better off leaving that particular version behind as quickly as practical.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Re: MOTU Website update 4/11/2014

Post by bayswater »

Maybe they were shut down because of the heart bleed bug. They're up now.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8