Consolidated Window Question

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Todzilla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Consolidated Window Question

Post by Todzilla »

I'm late to the consolidated window feature and I can't get it to enable.

As per the manual, I went to the preferences section, chose "Consolidated Windows" under Display, but the one button it doesn't show is the "Enable
Consolidated Window" check box at the top of the preference screen. Everything else looks like the picture 9-2, but my screen doesn't show this option.

I just upgraded to 8.06. Any thoughts?
-Todzilla
Huge sound generation & capture facilities
On the banks of the River Eno
DP 8!!!, OSX 10.7.3, 15" MacBook Pro w 16G RAM 256G SSD & 630GHD, MOTU 896HD, MX4, Komplete 8, Apogee Symphony I/O, Neumann U-89, pair of Peluso P12s, Seventh Circle & Demeter preamps, Lava lamp, stuffed frog playing bongos
NazRat

Re: Consolidated Window Question

Post by NazRat »

I think that option went away with DP8. Maybe it migrated your preference setting from the previous version. Try deleting the DP8 Preferences and see if DP restarts to show the CW.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Better yet, open most any window and hot control-1 to pop it in and out of consolidated windows. Easy schmeezy!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Todzilla

Post by Todzilla »

Thanks guys!

When I press ^1 or perform Window->Pop Into Consolidated Window something happens, like a modest rearrangement of windows, but nothing like the cool consolidated window shown in the manual/marketing materials. And my Prefs have nearly everything included for the Consolidated Window.

I think I need to spend some time this weekend with the manual and DP trying a bunch of things...
-Todzilla
DP 8!!!, OSX 10.7.3, 15" MacBook Pro w 16G RAM 256G SSD & 630GHD, MOTU 896HD, MX4, Komplete 8, Apogee Symphony I/O, Neumann U-89, pair of Peluso P12s, Seventh Circle & Demeter preamps, Lava lamp, stuffed frog playing bongos
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

At the left, right and bottom edges of the Consolidated Window you will find a little dot in about the middle. Click that dot (or is it double click? I'm forgetting) and you'll get end margins to open up, or you'll get another window in the center panel. Once any of those are opened, the tabs at their top left will enable you to change them to another window pane.

You can also drag upward the bottom edge of any of the three major panels to create another pane within the panel. Furthermore, any of the edge panes can hold several little windows under tabs. It's possible to have a couple dozen of the things open at once, though you will have to click on the tabs of the ones that are "open" but hidden.

Drag any pane up or down within its panel by clicking in the blank space near the top (beside the tabs) and dragging until it swaps positions with the pane above or below it.

Double click within that same blank space to liberate the pane from the Consolidated Windows and have it merely standing alone. (clicking it again, or Control-1, will put it back)

Then there is this: - Using Mission Control with Consolidated Windows in DP

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

For "the coolest" Consolidated Windows effect be sure to turn on full screen for DP!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Todzilla

Post by Todzilla »

Shoosie,

Oh sweet! Now I get it. I should have adopted it in earlier versions, but i was too busy making music.

Thanks so much.
-Todzilla
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

If you use Mission Control with a combo of Consolidated Window and stand-alone windows, and you'll be switching from Space to Space to see windows which are enlarged to full screen, you need to set the Control Panel to float, and not use "full screen." This is because when the app is set to full screen, the Control Panel will not go anywhere but the primary space. Other windows in other spaces will be headless, with no control panel. So, don't use full-screen in this situation, and be sure to set the ControlPanel to float.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|