Trying to use Volta and failing miserably.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
gravity
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Trying to use Volta and failing miserably.

Post by gravity »

I've just installed Volta 1.05 on my Macbook and I'm having huge problems. The UI is completely unresponsive and the plugin graphic appears to be sitting on the desktop detached from the usual plugin window. If i knew how to attach a screenshot I would.

Any help gratefully received.

Brian
DP10.13 , PT Ultimate, Macbook Pro 6. core I7, OS 10.15.7, Motu LP32, Avid HD Thunderbolt 32 i/o, DM2000 , mics & stuff
philbrown

Re: Trying to use Volta and failing miserably.

Post by philbrown »

gravity wrote:I've just installed Volta 1.05 on my Macbook and I'm having huge problems. The UI is completely unresponsive and the plugin graphic appears to be sitting on the desktop detached from the usual plugin window. If i knew how to attach a screenshot I would.

Any help gratefully received.

Brian
Volta was half-baked to start with and now it appears to be abandonware- yet it's still being sold. I left off at 1.04 and it was definitely buggy and there were many feature requests from users that could have made it work. Why they are still selling it is a mystery to me. Much better supported is Expert Sleeper's stuff and the guy behind it is very available although I have not personally used it.

Here are a couple of links for you.
The guy Stretta that was manning the Volta area abandoned it long ago as far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=32
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=35

I don't know how much help I'll be but you can PM me about this if you want and I'll help if I can. I am doctorvague in the modular synth world and have a bunch of videos on youtube. I have done a lot of sync'ing analog synths to computer (DP, Live, Numerology, Nodal) by various methods.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
gravity

Post by gravity »

Thanks for the reply Phil. That's a real shame to hear that, even if Volta was to work in 32 bit mode I'd struggle to use it as all my software is 64 Bit. I've downloaded the Expert Sleeper demo and it seems really good.

Thanks Again Brian
DP10.13 , PT Ultimate, Macbook Pro 6. core I7, OS 10.15.7, Motu LP32, Avid HD Thunderbolt 32 i/o, DM2000 , mics & stuff
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

gravity wrote:Thanks for the reply Phil. That's a real shame to hear that, even if Volta was to work in 32 bit mode I'd struggle to use it as all my software is 64 Bit. I've downloaded the Expert Sleeper demo and it seems really good.

Thanks Again Brian
It is a shame. Normally I am pro MOTU but not in this case. You will get good support from Os with Expert Sleepers. He's constantly working on it and making improvements, etc. Best of luck with it.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce