Share markers

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
swpowe
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Share markers

Post by swpowe »

Is it possible to share markers between sequences or at least cut and past? I've got a clip of a film and I've got it shared between all sequences. What I'd like to do is have one sequence with markers for the entire clip duration and then create other sequences for individual cues. I haven't found a way to share or copy the markers from the first sequence to the others. Ideas?
swpowe

Re: Share markers

Post by swpowe »

I think I may have just figured it out. They can't be locked markers. I had locked them so I could find the tempo and that's why I couldn't copy and paste. :roll:
swpowe

Post by swpowe »

nevermind. I was able to copy and paste but for some reason they don't come over with the correct times. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? I'm basically copying the conductor track from the "main" sequence onto the "cue 1" sequence. The markers get pasted but the times are wrong and I can't figure out why.
Dan Worley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Dan Worley »

Before copying the markers, make sure you put a marker at 1/1/000 (or whatever the first beat is). If you do that, they should paste correctly. It's a bit of a tricky process sometimes, for whatever reason.

Alternatively, if you don't put a marker at 1/1/000, after you paste the markers into the cue sequence, you can select them all and do Edit > Shift ("To Time Or Marker" tab) and enter in the exact time of the first marker from the main sequence. All the others will shift into place, too.
DP10.13