"(missing)" outputs - MIDI devices

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
deepcgi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

"(missing)" outputs - MIDI devices

Post by deepcgi »

in DP8 x64 on Win 7 x64, i've gone in and deleted all of the drivers for my old MIDI device controllers which I use with DP. It was 2 keyboards and 1 foot pedal (no built-in sounds).

Despite emptying the Bundles and MIDI Device Groups, plus tossing DP's preferences from the hidden "local" appdata directory, I still get a big list of my MIDI Devices and each is listed as "missing".

How do I empty that list of outputs?

thanks,

Ed
NazRat

Re: "(missing)" outputs - MIDI devices

Post by NazRat »

What do you mean by emptying the bundles? Are the devices you are getting missing warnings still listed horizontally across the 'MIDI Devices' bundles window? If so, click on the listed name (displayed sideways) and select delete. If they come back, then they're stilled defined somewhere in the OS. I also assume you meant uninstalled rather than deleted the drivers. PS - You posted in the Mac section.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
deepcgi

Post by deepcgi »

i've deleted every bundle and yes, uninstalled the drivers. But the names are still in the output list.
NazRat

Post by NazRat »

Maybe give MOTU Tech Support a call to see if they can help out and take you through the possibilities.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1