TDR VOS SLICK EQ - Free EQ plug-in (and other free stuff)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Dan Worley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

TDR VOS SLICK EQ - Free EQ plug-in (and other free stuff)

Post by Dan Worley »

I posted this in the Free VIs/Plugins sticky, but I thought I'd post it here too because I think it's one of the better free offering out there and I don't want people to miss it.

Different and wonderful, with unique features. Extremely well done. Much more than you'd expect from a free EQ.

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/

Note: Running the install app on 10.9.2, I got a file path error, but the files did install correctly.
Last edited by Dan Worley on Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DP10.13
flutemaker

Re: TDR VOS SLICKEQ - Free EQ plug-in

Post by flutemaker »

+1 thanks for the tip
MacBook Pro (2011) 2.3 GHz quad i7, 16G ram, all drives Solid State
latest mac OS
Neve 511 (2), Lynx Hilo A/D D/A,
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

They also have a nice (free) feedback compressor. Clean clean clean. I'm very impressed with their stuff.

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-feedback-compressor-2
DP10.13
crduval

Post by crduval »

I don't know how to install the compressor - the AU files come over as ".component" files and are not self extracting, and the manual does not cover installation.

Any advice on how to install this plug? It looks very interesting!
M2 MacBook Air, DP11, MOTU MX-4, MOTU Mach5, EWQLSO Platinum, Acoustic Samples B5, UAD Waterfall Organ, EWQL Platinum Pianos, UVI Falcon, UAD-2 Duo, MOTU Ultralite mk5, K2600XS controller
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Drag the .component files to the folder HD>Library>Audio>Plugins>Components. Same with VST except the VST, not the component folder. In either case, you will have to authenticate with your password for the machine.

Thanks Dan. These look very nice and if the documentation is accurate, they are easy to use and get great results from right away (or as you might say in Canada - straight away). Right. Eh? :)

Thanks a bunch, bud!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
crduval

Post by crduval »

Thanks MLC I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M2 MacBook Air, DP11, MOTU MX-4, MOTU Mach5, EWQLSO Platinum, Acoustic Samples B5, UAD Waterfall Organ, EWQL Platinum Pianos, UVI Falcon, UAD-2 Duo, MOTU Ultralite mk5, K2600XS controller
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

One of the guys that worked on these also offers (for free) Limiter No6. Be prepared to spend some time with it. It's a serious piece of work. The presets I've tried so far are very good starting points.

http://vladgsound.wordpress.com/plugins/limiter6/

Again, I'm blown away this quality is available for free (I will be donating). They are so nicely done and sound great!
DP10.13